Sunday, July 20, 2008
My Last Few Sundays
Three Sundays ago we had our records transferred to our new ward. Two Sundays ago I received a phone call from the Stake, asking me to come meet with one of the members of the Stake Presidency. Last Sunday I was sustained and set apart as 2nd counselor in the Elder's Quorum Presidency. Today was my first opportunity to conduct. We haven't had any meetings as a presidency and our ward is still fairly new, with new members moving in every week. Needless to say, the Elder's Quorum President and the 1st counselor were not there today and no one had been assigned to teach the lesson. So, that meant that I had to do everything today. I decided it would be better to do a "getting to know you / testimony session" rather than getting up and reading all 27 pages of the lesson manual (even though that is how the typical Elder's Quorum lesson goes anyway). It ended up turning out better than expected; we even had visitors stand up and share their testimonies with us. I've never been in the Elder's Quorum Presidency before. I haven't even been in the Elder's Quorum for the last year and a half. In our old ward I was the Primary Chorister (which is one of the best callings in the church, in my humble opinion). The next few weeks are going to be very interesting. I will definitely read the lesson each week, as you never know who is or who isn't going to show up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sean, you will be great! your ward is lucky to have you!
Nathan and Sarah
from primary chorister to elder's quorum presidency. nice.
Post a Comment