Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July 4th

This Independence Day weekend landed us up in Idaho. We were able to spend some quality time with Lexey's family, plus we were able to see some pretty amazing fireworks. Idaho Falls brags about having "the largest firework show west of the Mississippi". It was definitely one of the best firework shows that I've been to. (Our back-yard, tin-can blast is a close second. And while I'm on the subject, I'd like to thank my cousin Rebecca for teaching me how to make those M-80's to maximize the height of the tin-can launch.) Meanwhile, back in Idaho....Alaina was able to watch her first firework show. She had a great time watching them with her Grandpa Howard. She lasted a good 5 minutes, which was longer than we expected, before she started to get fussy.

We were able to spend lots of time outside. Alaina took special interest in her Grandpa's lawn-mowing abilities. We spent a lot of time out on the back porch and a lot of time taking walks down the highway, enjoying the beautiful countryside. I love going up and visiting with Lexey's family. They take such good care of us and help us out in so many ways. It's also nice to get away from the big city and enjoy some nice fresh air.

Alaina enjoying the fireworks with her Grandpa.


Who are these guys and what are they doing on Alaina's blog?


Lexey and Alaina strolling down the highway.


Grandpa Howard hard at work while I sit on the porch in the nice cool shade and take a pictures of his lawn mowing skills.


Alaina is much more interested in Grandpa and and lawnmower than she is about smiling for her dad.


I just couldn't resist. We love this little girl!!!!

3 comments:

Sarah C said...

We love to go to the Idaho Falls fireworks. We have gone there almsot every year for the past eight years. I like how the patriotic music goes along with the firework show. Alaina looks so cute. You can tell she really loves to spend time with her grandpa. I am glad you had a good fourth of July.

Jessica said...

Hey Lex, next time you are in IF let me know! I would love to meet your little Alaina, she is so cute!

Jillian said...

Your little girl is sooooo cute. I mean adorable. And I think you look the same...still as beautiful. I am adding you to my links....do you care? I love to keep in touch with your family this way.