This was definitely the most challenging race that I have been in. It was about as exhausting as the marathon. I am pleased to report that the only injury I suffered from was a huge blister on my left foot. Other than that, I felt great at the end of the race. I am definitely looking forward to doing this again next year.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Wasatch Back Relay
Last weekend I ran in the Wasatch Back Relay. It was a 180 mile relay race from Logan to Park City. I wasn't in the best shape of my life, nor did I spend countless hours training for the race. I signed up back in January with my friend Kelii, hoping it would motivate me to get back into shape knowing that the rest of my team would be counting on me. I haven't really ran since 2005 when I ran in the Salt Lake City Marathon. (Needless to say I didn't do much training for that race either, as evidenced by my time.) But, race day came and I couldn't find anyone to take my spot so I had to run. It actually turned out a lot better than I thought. My first leg was the hardest. (I think everyones first leg was the hardest for everyone in my group.) I ran legs 2, 14, and 26 in van 1. Our start time was 2:40 p.m. and my first leg was about 7 miles. It was about 95+ degrees outside and there was a nice hill at the end of my run. My second leg started at about 1:00 a.m. That run felt the best and was probably my fastest leg. My third leg started about 10:00 a.m. and it felt so good to finally be done!
This was definitely the most challenging race that I have been in. It was about as exhausting as the marathon. I am pleased to report that the only injury I suffered from was a huge blister on my left foot. Other than that, I felt great at the end of the race. I am definitely looking forward to doing this again next year.
On each leg we kept track of how many people we passed (and not how many people passed us!) I was finally able to pass 3 people on my last leg! Yeah!!
The whole crew celebrating at the finish line. Proof that I am not the only crazy one willing to spend money on a grueling race and who actually considers running long distances as "fun"!
This was definitely the most challenging race that I have been in. It was about as exhausting as the marathon. I am pleased to report that the only injury I suffered from was a huge blister on my left foot. Other than that, I felt great at the end of the race. I am definitely looking forward to doing this again next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WOW Sean! Way to go! Bruce loves running! I am proud of you! I really need to try and train for a 5k at least. Hope you guys are doing well! Sleep will ya??
Way to go! I had no idea that you were a runner. By the way, nice toes!
Congrats! I'm really impressed...by your running the race, I mean--not by your toes!! :)
Post a Comment