Sunday, November 18, 2007

Disneyland

Lexey and I took a week off of work for a much needed vacation. Destination: Sunny California. The drive wasn't too bad, although I am seriously considering flying next time. 2 hours vs. 12 hours. Hmmm.... I think 2 hours will win this battle.

We took off on Saturday and stopped in Mesquite to visit some old friends. Bryan and I were able to play a few holes (no, not rounds. Holes. ) of golf at Falcon Ridge. We got there late and the sun set by the time we finished the 4th hole. It was a beautiful course. Our neighbors work there and were able to get us on for free. I'm trying to convince Lexey to go back for a golf and spa weekend.


Sunday we made it to Hollywood and Uncle Don's place. We spent a few days with Uncle Don visiting museums, thrift shops, and watching movies. We had a lot of fun doing the non-touristy stuff and were so grateful for his generous hospitality.


Wednesday morning we made it Disneyland. The weather was perfect, the lines were short, and we were able to meet some of our favorite characters. Jana and Loren were kind enough to let us stay at the house again. Thank you Jana and Loren!!





Thursday was beach day. Bryan and I braved the cold water and spent a few hours body surfing. It was so much fun

Friday we were at Disneyland again. Friday was completely opposite of Monday. The lines were long and the park was full of very interesting people. We were finally able to track down Mickey Mouse and get our picture taken with him. Lexey was off riding rides with her friend Jana and they were very disappointed they weren't able to be in the picture.

Saturday was the long drive home. No further comments.

1 comment:

MelissaS said...

We went to Disneyland the Saturday after Thanksgiving and it was a zoo! We still had tons of fun, though.