Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Breaking News

Lexey and I are no longer in the running for "Parent's of the Year". If you check out the pictures below you will notice that Alaina's arm doesn't look quite normal. That's because it's broken! She fell off the couch on Thursday night. We took her on Friday morning to the doctor's office and found out that it was broken. They put her in a splint and had us set up an appointment for today to get her cast on.

Alaina had a really hard time at the doctor's. She screamed and screamed as the nurses tried to put her splint on. It was even worse today when they had to take the splint off and put on the cast.

We felt horrible because we had to hold her down and keep her still while the whole time she was looking into our eyes, crying, and screaming like "why are you letting them do this to me?"

It's pretty amazing how quickly she figured out how to crawl and move herself around with the big, bulky splint on her arm. She's back to her happy self, exploring, talking, and making us smile. I think this ordeal has been a lot harder on us than it has been on her.






10 comments:

Nathan and Sarah said...

How sad!!! I feel bad for her, but i feel worse for you guys having to watch her cry like that! I am sorry to hear that. She is SO cute!

Jenni said...

aww. poor baby girl. she still looks darling...and a pink cast...so fashionable!! i would say you guys are still in the runnings for parents of the year! her smile says shes got a pretty fabulous mom & dad that love her:) hope she heals fast!

Brandon said...

cutest broken arm we've ever seen!

Daniel and Mary said...

The poor baby! I know all about holding down little ones at doctors offices. So sad. Thank goodness they never remember.

She sure looks cute though! Is she walking already?

Devri said...

Poor girl! I feel so bad for her, and you! It is tough! My little Paxton broke a bone in his foot a while ago and was walking on the cast by the next morning, he even learned to climb out of his crib with it on! so sorry for her, but she'll never remember it!!

Jessica said...

How sad! I can't imagine that happening, it's so hard to watch them go through anything bad! I hope she heals fast.

Derek and Christi said...

She is so cute, and that pink cast makes her even cuter. Don't feel bad, it's better that things like this hapen with the first child so they're not as big a deal with the next.

The Howards said...

Talk about break your heart!!! She is sure cute, though. Love the pink! Ha ha. You guys going to be around over Easter? I think we're planning on spending it in I.F. (they don't know it yet, but I guess the secret is out now, right?)

Chad said...

Sure she "fell off the couch" huh? I bet you got angry when she wouldn't eat her veggies!

. said...

You guys must have some pretty bad neighbors to let that happen to your sweet little girls arm... I'd sue.