Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Home Stretch

Well kids, it's about that time. Thirteen more days until our lives change forever. We have read up on all the latest Parenting magazines at our last few doctor visits. We have read almost every single page in What to Expect When You're Expecting. We've been open to advice and suggestions from family, friends, other parents, and those who think they know how to parent, and random strangers in the grocery store. At this point there is really nothing else we can do to prepare. Meanwhile, we are enjoying our last few precious weeks of our "normal" lives, getting in as many naps and good night sleeps as possible.

We do understand that there are some major changes and challenges ahead, but we are looking forward to this exciting, new adventure. Neither one of us can truly express how excited we our for this little girl to join us.


This picture was taken on March 30, 2008- About 38 weeks along.

13 comments:

MelissaS said...

I am so excited for you. Hope all goes well!
PS–I love how small blogs make the world seem; Suzanne and Sterling (you have them listed in your links) were our landlords for a bit in Springville. :)

The Ingleby Family said...

Congrats' McCarty's! I can't wait to see your cute little one! Kids are the best, you will wonder what you did with out her! Keep us posted!

Love ya! Let us know if you need anything!

NaominJohn said...

Lexey, you look so awesome!! I know you feel terrible but hang in there! Congrats on the baby and house you guys! You'll have to do a housewarming party when you've settled in!

Elise and Lane said...

SOOOO cute! I can't wait to see pictures of her! It's so close...

Katt said...

Wow, Sean, you're going to be a dad! It sounds like you're ready for it...well, you better be.:) That's awesome! I'm so excited for you guys!! Can't wait to see pics. Good luck!

Anne-a-Belle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne-a-Belle said...

Lexey you look fabulous! Let me know if you guys need anything. We're really excited for you.

Brandon said...

We're so excited for you guys! From our VAST experience, being a parent is sure, um, fun . . . :)

Hope to hear from you soon!

Gavin and Natalie said...

Lex, congrats! You look adorable! Hey, you're in trouble. Gavin and I are still not on your blog addresses...hello! :) Also, tell Corie that I need to be invited to hers. nan8422@hotmail.com
(As if you have nothing better going on with you almost being due. haha) Love ya! Good luck in the next 2 weeks! Love Nan

Nathan and Sarah said...

Those last few weeks seem to take forever! I am so excited for you guys! I was overwhelmed with feelings when I heard our baby's first cry. Enjoy every moment...they change so fast.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see her. We are so excited for you guys.

Nathan and Sarah said...

I check your blog everyday in hopes for some baby news! hope you guys are doing well. I can't wait to see your little one!

Sarah

Elise and Lane said...

Is she here yet~?!!