Sunday, September 17, 2006

On my way to Zion

Well friends, after a little over three years at 1-800 Contacts, I mind myself moving on to a new place of employment. The last few years at contacts have had a significant influence on my life. The experiences that I had there helped me realize a few things about myself. Working at Contacts helped pay for my education and gave me a good foundation for future career opportunities.

While I was in the call center I worked hard to make myself known, took advantages of training and growing opportunities, and was able to meet some very infulential people. About a year ago this time, I applied for a position in the finance deparment. Working as a rebate/inventory clerk, I had the opportunity to work with upper level management and was in a position where I felt I was valued and important to the success of the company. Though monotonous at times, I really like the people I worked with and was greatful for the things that I learned.

After graduating from BYU in April, I decided I wanted to move on and try my hand at some other things. I interviewed at a few places but nothing seemed to spark my interest and the timing didn't seem right. A few weeks ago, I found a job opportuity on the Zions Bank website. I decided to apply and after three rounds of interviews, I was offered a position as a Senior Credit Analyst in the National Real Estate Group.

I've been with Zions for 2 weeks now and have already learned so much. I believe this position will futher my education and give me the training and experience I need to be able to provide for my family. I really enjoy what I have doing and have been given responsibilities that relate to my major. At the same time, I'll be helping small businesses and individuals achieve their goals and dreams, providing the capital and resources needed for their businesses to begin and grow.

~Sean

No comments: